Sunday, February 27, 2011

Brush with death


Another brush with death
Very early this morning, my wife has a seizure. It happened many times before, and as soon as she felt it, she took her medicine. But she felt very weak and hollered at me to bring her a glass of water. I ran for a glass of water and gave it to her. She was murmuring something when she got hold of the glass of water and drank it. I learned that she was reciting a prayer asking God not to take her yet. I guess she don’t want to leave me alone. She was there sitting on the floor and I asked her if she want to go to bed. No answer. I massage her head and her back and arms until she felt a little better. There was a moment of silence. I looked at her sitting on the floor and praying with her eyes close and felt pity. I can’t avoid feeling guilty too. I know that I should have left her for good long ago. I was awakened from my deep thoughts when she asked me to bring her to the living room, and I sat her on the sofa. After a few minutes we heard somebody calling her name and my granddaughter opened the door. It was my wife’s best friend. What a coincidence? Did the good Lord lead her here? As they were chatting there, I felt good knowing that she has recovered.


0 comments:

Post a Comment