Saturday, February 5, 2011

The Practice

Ooops! I miss
     I started my typing by visiting a computer shop nearby and search the internet for tutorials. I choose one and so I began my lessons. I tried to do it by setting an hour a day but after a few days I felt that I’m not making any progress and if I continue in this way, it might cost me a lot of money and sadly, I don’t have much. My fingers are so stiff because I overworked them when I was working in my still small farm. They’re actually swelling in their joints. I know that I can’t stop. I must find a way to continue. Well, I finally thought of an idea. I draw a keyboard in a carton paper cut from a big carton of cigarettes and stroke the letters with my fingers just like stroking the letter keys of a real computer keyboard. My imagination plays a greater role in this style of practice.  When I wake up in the morning I pray by pretending that I’m typing the letters on my carton keyboard.
     My wife was amused by what I’m doing. Most of the time, she’s laughing at me. There was a time that she tried to stopped me. She probably think that I’m going crazy doing what I’m doing. But I refused to stop. After a month, I thought that I’m making a little progress and that really boost my confidence. But what I notice most are my fingers slowly reverting back to their normal shape. They’re healing! Finally, maybe out of pity, my wife borrowed an unused computer keyboard and gave it to me. I took it as a kind of promotion. It felt good feeling my fingers stroking on a real one. It took me a long time to gain speed in typing but I’m happy with the progress that I’ve made.
     I eventually decided to bring it to a higher level. I did my imaginary typing with my eyes closed. By this time I’ve already memorize the keys and I just have to feel how far my fingers will go to reach a certain key. For me it’s already a game. My fingers were completely healed. I even tried typing while reading from a newspaper.
     I continued playing this unusual typing game until I manage to purchase a second-hand computer set. Aaah! Finally! Now I can apply what I’ve been  doing for so long. I kept on typing my prayers to Jesus and anything that I can think of. At one time my wife woke up in the middle of the night, with all lights off, and said with an alarming voice, “What are you doing?” I whispered, “I’m typing.”

    
        
                                                                                           

0 comments:

Post a Comment